Garage exhaust hoses are required for any vehicle repair facility. They help remove dangerous vehicle emissions from the building, thereby making the air safe to breath for all personnel. With such a crucial role to play, garage exhaust hoses supplied by Exhaust-Away are critical for your employees’ health. They offer garage exhaust hoses of various types to meet your application requirements. This post discusses a few important types of garage exhaust hoses provided by Exhaust-Away.
Know About the Different Types of Garage Exhaust Hoses Provided by Exhaust-Away
Exhaust- Away has been providing high-quality garage exhaust hoses for several years now. These hoses have been installed in thousands of automotive repair facilities and are known for their quality and durability.
- FlareLok Hoses: These hoses have been widely used in industrial and vehicle exhaust removal systems for decades due to several benefits that they offer. Made of solid EPDM rubber, they can withstand ozone, harmful UV rays, thermal cycling, as well as harsh chemicals. These hoses have flared ends, thus the name. Unlike several other exhaust hoses, FlareLok hoses can be connected easily to increase their lengths without using a splice connector. The normal end of the second hose can screwed into the flared end of the first hose to increase the length.
The durable construction of these hoses makes them suited for all types of service environments where these hoses may be exposed to abusive elements. The construction of these hoses makes them ideal for overhead, underground, and out-the-door exhaust systems. These hoses can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit if used with a fan assisted system.
Available Options: These hoses are 11′ long and are available in 2″, 2.5″, 3″, 3.5″, and 4″ inner diameters.
- ACT Hoses: These garage exhaust hoses are designed for vehicles with large tailpipes and stacks such as buses and diesel trucks. ACT garage exhaust hoses are generally offered in solid rubber models, which makes them durable, flexible, and heat resistant. These hoses are also available with wire reinforcement to avoid kinking for applications where tighter bends may be required. They can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit if used with a fan assisted system.
Available Options: These hoses are offered in 11′ lengths, with 4″, 5″, and 6″ inner diameters. 20’ lengths are also available with 4” and 5” inner diameters.
- DYNO Hoses: Exhaust-Away’s DYNO hoses, as the name indicates, are designed for dynamometers. They are also used in high-temperature applications. These hoses can withstand high exhaust temperatures up to 700⁰F when used with a fan assisted system.
Available Options: These hoses are offered in 11′ length with 4″ diameters. Tailpipe adapters are also available made of the same high temperature material.
- MODOR Hoses: The Multipurpose Overhead Drop or Reel (MODOR) series hoses are suited for both reel and overhead drop systems. This hose is a combination of both – a reinforced and a 100% rubber hose. The first 20′ is a sturdy, lightweight reinforced hose, and the next 5′ is a rubber hose, which is fitted with an adapter. The rubber hose section can withstand high heat and retains its shape even if it is run over by a vehicle. These hoses can also withstand temperatures rated to 570⁰F when used with a fan assisted system.
Available Options: MODOR hoses measure 25′, and are provided in 4″, 5″, and 6″ diameters.
- Telescopic Hoses: These consist of three sections of hoses. The unit can extend from 7′ to 16′ and they can be used on all types of gas vehicles. Telescopic hoses come fully assembled, so they can be installed to overhead ductwork in minutes.
Available Options: Telescopic hoses are provided in lightweight and heavy-duty designs.
- High Temperature Hoses: Made of high-quality materials, these hoses can easily withstand high temperatures ranging from 750o F to 2000o F when they are used with fan assisted systems. Also, these hoses can withstand repetitive bending and coiling.
Available options: These hoses are available multiple lengths and inside diameters. Please call for details.
- SuperFlex Hoses: These hoses have accordion-type designs, which contribute to their flexibility. These hoses can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit if used with a fan assisted system. SuperFlex hoses possess no reinforcements, yet they can withstand tighter bends. These hoses can be used with connectors and overhead elbows, but are not ideal for stack or tailpipe adapters.
Available options: These hoses are available in 4” and 5” inside diameters.
As seen from the above descriptions, these hoses have features which make them suited for various work environments. If you are unsure about the right type of hose for your application, the experts at Exhaust-Away will help you with your decision.