Designing and manufacturing a vehicle exhaust extraction system is not an easy task. It requires thorough functional knowledge of how various parts work together, such as hoses, Y connectors, assemblies, and so on; as well as how angles, distance, and friction loss affect flow rates. Exhaust-Away offers one of the large selections of vehicle exhaust extraction systems and their essential components, but most importantly, we have the expert advice you need to make sure you get the right parts for the job. This post discusses the various vehicle exhaust extraction system components in detail.
Vehicle Exhaust Extraction System Parts and Components Offered by Exhaust-Away
There are ready-to-use diesel kits and dealer service kits available with Exhaust-Away, which are quite handy and useful when making a system for yourself. All of these parts are resistant to high temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit when used with fan assisted systems. Here are some parts or kits you can buy:
- Dealer service kits: These kits are a quick and cost-effective way to get a basic out-the-door system in place. They contain (2) 4-foot hoses, (1) 6-foot hose, (2) tailpipe adapters, a splice connector, and a Y connector. They will work with a wide variety of single and dual exhaust vehicles.
- Diesel kits: Designed for use on larger diesel vehicles, these kits are for hooking up to an overhead exhaust system that includes the appropriately sized ductwork and fan. The kits include an 11’ section of solid rubber hose, an 11’ section with wire reinforcement, an elbow connector, overhead duct connector, and diesel stack adapter.
- Vehicle Exhaust Extraction Hoses: Exhaust-Away provides a wide range of exhaust hoses that are an integral part of vehicle exhaust extraction systems. These hoses help remove exhaust gases from vehicle repair facilities, as well as protect workers from toxic gases. Some popular exhaust hoses include:
Many of these hoses feature crushproof and rubber construction, which makes them an ideal choice for applications where impact and/or crushing is a possibility. As the name suggests, the crushproof construction can easily withstand tight bends and roll overs. Rubber hoses can withstand high temperatures and reinforced fabric hoses can handle heat extremes that the rubber cannot.
- Hose Fittings and Connectors: These include a wide range of fittings such as door ports, elbows, splice, and overhead duct connectors.
- Adapters and Y- Assemblies: Exhaust hoses work best when coupled with the right type of adapter, and Exhaust-Away provides a wide range of choices to fit trapezoid, oval, twin, and vertical stack exhaust pipes. Y-assemblies are designed for dual exhaust vehicle systems and they are provided with a connector, a hose, and an adapter. These Y-assemblies can be bought with hoses to save on overall costs.
Proper exhaust fume removal systems and practices are required by OSHA in garages and automobile repair shops where these fumes are a daily affair. Although the vehicle, when in a garage, is run only for a short while, installing an extraction system is essential because even small amounts of exhaust can be harmful. The experts at Exhaust-Away will coordinate with you to understand your requirements before suggesting any of the vehicle exhaust extract systems covered in this post.